Vision: Premier Service in maritime security and safety
Mission: To enforce Maritime law on Security, Safety and Protection of maritime resources within Kenya’s territorial waters
Mandate: Kenya Coast Guard Service is charged with the responsibility to ensure sustainable management and proper utilization of marine resources within Kenya territorial waters.
- Integrity: We uphold fairness, honesty, professionalism and transparency in all our undertakings
- Creativity: We provide solutions in innovative, imaginative and inspiring ways.
- Team work: We embrace team spirit in all our endeavours and appreciate each other’s talent.
- Care: We care for our staff, the communities around us and are sensitive to the environment.
- Civility: Serve our customers with humility
- Participation: Cooperation with other stakeholders by upholding the rule of law to harness benefits of blue economy
- Gender Sensitivity: We are committed to respect diversity.
To maintain law and order in Kenya’s territorial waters.
- To Provide strategic leadership in the command structure and system for efficient administration of the Service,
- To facilitate and coordinate implementation of all policies, regulations and guidelines affecting KCGS,
- To guide implementation of KCGS mandate in accordance with the laid down legislative framework,
- To undertake establishment of linkages with strategic partners and international Coast guard agencies,
- To facilitate multiagency approach in the operations of the Service, and
- To strengthen Institutional capacity for effective service delivery.