To maintain law and order in Kenya’s territorial waters.
Specific objectives are:
- To Provide strategic leadership in the command structure and system for efficient administration of the Service,
- To facilitate and coordinate implementation of all policies, regulations and guidelines affecting KCGS,
- To guide implementation of KCGS mandate in accordance with the laid down legislative framework,
- To undertake establishment of linkages with strategic partners and international Coast guard agencies,
- To facilitate multiagency approach in the operations of the Service, and
- To strengthen Institutional capacity for effective service delivery.